mm, good question.

i just change de otrs users password (so no otrs processes could connect)

made a dump of the otrs database

inproted it on to an other server.

changed the mysql settings(username/password/hostname of the sql database)

and everything dit work again...

only thing i can imagen is that your otrs user hasn't got the right privaliges to insert a record in to the database...

Thomas

Alina Florea wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have installed OTRS 2.0.4 on a new server and I want to move the database from the old server (OTRS 1.0.3) to the new one. Both OS ar Fedora Core 3.

I have backuped the database from the old server using mysql_hourly.sh and I have used the following command to charge the mysql database into the new one:

mysql -u root -p test < mysql.sql

Now, when I try to connect to OTRS I have the following message:

"Can't insert session id! at ...//Kernel/system/AutSession/DB.pm line 198"

What have I did wrong?

If anyone has altready moved a database and worked, any advice will be appreciate.

Best regards.

Alina Florea.