From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nils Breunese
(Lemonbit Internet)
Sent: 05 February 2006 14:26
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] httpd won't start afterOTRS install

Gordon O'Brien wrote:

> I have just attempted to install OTRS on a clean Fedora Core 4
> machine running apache 2 and mysql. I am quite new to Linux so
> please bear with me!
>
> The install seemed to go fine. I checked that all of the perl
> modules were installed ok with otrs.checkModules and the install
> didn't report any problems.
>

> When I try to restart httpd I just keep getting error starting
> httpd [FAILED]. Httpd was running ok prior to the install. It seems
> to be halting when Apache loads the otrs.conf file. If I comment
> this out of the httpd.conf it starts ok (without otrs running).
>

> Any suggestions?

Did you install the RPM for Fedora Core 1-3? Because that one doesn't
work directly on FC4. Change "Apache::Reload" to "Apache2::Reload" in
otrs.conf (two occurences I believe). If you would have searched the
mailinglist archives you would have found this.

---
Inbound email: This email has been scanned for all viruses by MessageLabs (MSQ)