I had debated that, but the problem is that each group will want to field their own "Responses" (the pre-formatted one-click email responses) as well as their own FAQs, and add/remove their own users, etc.

I don't want to set up a server which would allow one project (with admin access) to alter other projects' questions, data, users, etc.

Basically my assumption is that although I want it all on one physical server and Apache install, I have to assume the groups using OTRS will not necessarily trust each other.

Matt Linton             "So, you think there's no money
UNIX/Linux SysAdmin      to be made as a philosophy major?
ASANI Solutions, LLC     Think again!    You're still right."

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:

Op 21-apr-2006, om 20:37 heeft Matt Linton het volgende geschreven:

I'd like to allow multiple software groups within our single organization to handle their own "issue reporting" via OTRS. Since I don't want to manage multiple servers, and want them each to have full administrative control over their own FAQ entries, customer users, etc -- I had planned on installing multiple OTRS installations like this:

ScriptAlias /otrs1/  /local/otrs1
ScriptAlias /otrs2/ /local/otrs2
(and so on...)

Problem is, I'm running into wierd behaviors with the secondary and other OTRS's.

Can't you just use a setup using separate queues?

Nils Breunese.