Christian:  Thank you for the feedback!

I have set it up that way and am working through some issues, but the question I have is: If I set the SystemID variables too close together, Syslog.pm panics.

For instance, if #1 is SystemID 01 and #2 is SystemID 02, then they conflict on memory space (it appears).

If #1 is SystemID 01 and #2 is SystemID 20, then they do not conflict. It looks like in Syslog.pm, shmget is using SystemID as a parameter in grabbing shared memory. Am I reading this right, and can this problem be duplicated?

Matt Linton             "So, you think there's no money
UNIX/Linux SysAdmin      to be made as a philosophy major?
ASANI Solutions, LLC     Think again!    You're still right."

Christian Schoepplein wrote:

Hi Matt,