Richard Hinkamp wrote:

A customer of us does support for multiple customers of his. Every customer has his own queue with all the settings and e-mail addresses etc. He wants the ticket number or hook to contain a part of the queue name. So when someone calls and says I have ticket nr XYZ-0123456, he knows it's a XYZ customer. Is this possible? Maybe I could write a new ticket number generator, but I don't know if the queue is known at the moment of ticket number generation. And what to do when the ticket changes queue? My feeling is that it's not a smart thing to try, since a ticket is not locked to a certain queue and changing ticket numbers when changing queues seems really awkward to me.

Any thoughts on this?

I think this would indeed involve some serious hacking on OTRS. I guess he just needs to seach for ticket 0123456 (or the name of the customer or whatever) and then see what type of customer is on the other end.

Nils.