From: otrs-bounces
Sent: 18.05.2006 16:28
To: "User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <otrs@otrs.org>
Subject: Re: [otrs] Queue ID in ticket number or hook?

Hi,

I got it working :)
The queue is determined with Postmaster Filter before creating ticket
number, so it's available at the right time. So I copied the
AutoIncrement generator to be modified. In
Kernel/System/Postmaster/NewTicket.pm I had to pass the QueueID to the
$Self->{TicketObject}->CreateTicketNr() call. This way I have the queue
ID so I can get all queue info en use whatever available data I have to
put in the ticket number.

Thanks for the pointers!

Regards,
Richard

Richard Hinkamp - BeSite wrote:
Hi,

A customer of us does support for multiple customers of his. Every
customer has his own queue with all the settings and e-mail addresses
etc. He wants the ticket number or hook to contain a part of the queue
name. So when someone calls and says I have ticket nr XYZ-0123456, he
knows it's a XYZ customer. Is this possible? Maybe I could write a new
ticket number generator, but I don't know if the queue is known at the
moment of ticket number generation. And what to do when the ticket
changes queue?
My feeling is that it's not a smart thing to try, since a ticket is not
locked to a certain queue and changing ticket numbers when changing
queues seems really awkward to me.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Richard