I guess the OTRS rpm isn't really going to work on your CPanel box without a lot of tweaking and moving files etc. Maybe you're better off doing an install from the source tarball following the instructions. Yeah, it's more work. Or try a non-CPanel box.

I am trying to install from a tarball. I followed the instructions in the README file. Steps 1-5 went fine. Step 6 I will discuss below. Step 7 also worked.

Now when I go to mysite/otrs/ I see a list of files. This is a step in the right direction. :)

When I attempt to execute index.pl or installer.pl however, I get:

==============
Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, [EMAIL PROTECTED] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

==============

The log shows:

[Wed Jun 7 10:22:24 2006] [error] [client 212.143.165.237] Premature end of script headers: /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/installer.pl [Wed Jun 7 10:22:24 2006] [error] [client 212.143.165.237] File does not exist: /home/mylogin/public_html/500.shtml

but when I run

[EMAIL PROTECTED] [/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin]# perl installer.pl

I get a perfectly valid HTML page outputted.

Could this be a problem with step 6? Webserver configuration? I don't think so but I don't know. All I actually did was add these 2 lines:

 Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
 Alias /otrs/ "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/"

to the very bottom of httpd.conf

What now?

--