Joe Fusco wrote:

I have OTRS installed on a SuSE 10.1 system.  I just completed the installation and have installed a single user, myself.

The host name of the system is web1.domain.com.  I have a DNS record for helpdesk.domain.com that points to the IP address of this system.  When I go to helpdesk.domain.com, I get the default Apache “It Works!” page.  How do I direct traffic from helpdesk.domain.com directly to OTRS?

Keep in mind that I am also planning on setting up a project management service and will want project.domain.com to direct to that site so updating the DocumentRoot in the Apache config is not the way I want to go.

Hi Joe,

As Andy mentioned you need to configure otrs as a virtual host in your Apache. all you have to do to put a file with the contents

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ServerName helpdesk.domain.com
        ScriptAlias /otrs/ "/opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/" # assuming you have otrs installed in /opt/otrs/
        Alias /otrs-web/ "/opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/"
        DocumentRoot /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs/
        <Directory /opt/otrs/var/httpd/htdocs>
              Options FollowSymLinks
              AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

And restart your Apache server. And you will have otrs working.

Hope this helps,
PD