Greetings,
I apologize if this has been asked before, but my OTRS isn't
working on my system because FindBin is returning a faulty path
in the $Bin variable. I understand that FindBin is broken with
mod_perl, so how is this supposed to work?

And no, I'm not using scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl. The
documentation reads that I "may" want to use a mod_perl startup
script, but I actually don't... causing Apache to delay it's
startup to load perl modules isn't something I'm too keen on,
given this webserver is servicing other sites.

I'm going to venture to guess that folks out there who have
OTRS working are using the apache?-perl-startup.pl, which
forces these variables:

# --
# set otrs lib path!
# --
use lib "/opt/otrs/";
use lib "/opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib";

Versus running without the startup and relying on FindBin in
the .pl, which is confirmed broken:
use FindBin qw($Bin);
use lib "$Bin/../..";
use lib "$Bin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib";

Does anyone see this as a bug, or is it just me? Is there
another workaround?

Thanks in advance for your insight and opinion, even if the
response is simply, "just use the startup script, jerk"

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/snippets.html#More_on_Relative_Paths
http://siesta.unixbeard.net/siesta/archive/hates-software/2005/09/08/1e1300b8.html