I'm having a weird problem pop up off and on I was hoping someone could
help me with.

We originally installed OTRS on a old machine for testing.  Once we
decided to move it into production we reinstalled it on another system,
following the meticulously detailed installation instructions we created
during the original install.  Once it was installed we tested it and
everything appeared to work perfectly.  We then ran a backup using the
backup.pl, and restored it using the restore.pl on the new system.
Everything looked like it was working normally.

But, almost immediately the agents started noticing that if they didn't
pick both a queue and a owner when creating a phone ticket they would
get an "Internal Server Error" page.  Not an OTRS error, an Apache
error.  The same thing happens periodically when changing the owner of a
ticket.  However, the ticket is actually created, or the owner is
actually changed, the initial action didn't fail it just took us to an
apache error page.

The apache log file shows the following after this happens:

malformed header from script. Bad header=MAILER-DAEMON... Saved message:
index.pl, referer: http://helpdesk.trinicom.com/otrs/index.pl

Same error message every time, bad header = mailer-daemon.

Any idea what I can do to resolve this issue?