From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:24 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.org
Subject: Re: [otrs] installation problem/question (follow-up)

Christopher Scott wrote:

> When trying to hit my new ITRS install, I get:
>
>      Software error:
>      at /var/www/otrs/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm line 1803.
>
> Looking at my Apache error log shows:
>
> ERROR: /opt/otrs/RELEASE does not exist! This file is needed by
> central system parts of OTRS, the system will not work without this
> file.
> [Wed Dec 06 09:26:10 2006] [error]  at /var/www/otrs/Kernel/Config/
> Defaults.pm line 1803.\n
>
> However, my OTRS install is stored in /var/www/otrs, not /opt/otrs.
>
> Looking at Defaults.pm shows the {Home} variable - this is clearly the

> issue; {Home} is set to be /opt.
>
> My question is: where does the {Home} value get set?

The SetPermissions.sh script might fix this for you. I guess you will
find it as /var/www/otrs/bin/SetPermissions.sh on your install:

     /var/www/otrs/bin/SetPermissions.sh <OTRS_HOMEDIR> <OTRS_USER>
<APACHE_USER>

On my CentOS system I'd use '/opt/otrs otrs apache' as the three
arguments, but on your system the first argument would be /var/www/
otrs. Adjust otrs and apache if you use different users for that on your
install (I know for instance on Debian systems you'd use www- data as
APACHE_USER).

Nils Breunese.