I'm using a note or they are changing the owner of the thicket, to the other
agent and they put the info/message in the body (Text box).

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of remi
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:38 PM
To: otrs@otrs.org
Subject: [otrs] Email between agents

Hi list,

I'd appreciate some advice. I'm using OTRS for a support box with a
staff of 4 people. This works pretty good :-) Incoming tickets can
be assigned to people etc.

Each agent currently also has their own webmail box, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Since some clients send support requests to the agent directly, I
thought it'd be nice to include these boxes also into OTRS (using
pop3). The management of e-mail the OTRS way is easier than a box
full of mail via POP3 anyway ;-) Wel, I've setup the queues etc. The
mail comes into the queues and this works well.

Since all 4 agents have their mail in ORTS, and also the support
box, what would be the best way to e-mail another agent? I mean a
new ticket here, not a note to a customer ticket. Just as you would
do when you wrote a new mail to a colleague using a mail client.

Agents used to send mail to each other at [EMAIL PROTECTED], but when
they do this with OTRS, this mail does not arrive in the queue of
the particular agent, but is added to the ticket owned by the
sending agent. (of course it is!) Since the sending agent usually
creates this ticket from their own queue, they have to make sure to
move the ticket to the queue of the receiver (and need permissions
for that), change the owner to the name of the agent the message is
for and also make sure the ticket isn't locked.

Is this the way it is supposed to work, or is there an easier way to
send mail to another agent?

I'm a bit confused :-)

Thanks for any help!

grtx,remi

Support orr consulting for your OTRS system?