At this point, it looks like I had it all installed correctly - but when I
went to go to index.php or installer.php it said

Died at Defaults.pm <http://defaults.pm/> line 1803.

The line in question is telling me that $HOME/RELEASE file is not available.
Regardless of whether I set $HOME manually or not to $OTRS_HOME, I get this
error.

I had sent a longer more detailed message to the list on Friday detailing
what I was experiencing. If you'd like I can forward that to you.

Thank you for your assistance! So far I'm pretty impressed with what I
*have* seen so far, I'd like to see what it can do for us in house.

Thanks,
Liz

On 1/29/07, Gonzalo Servat < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/29/07, Liz Burke-Scovill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone installed OTRS via compile from source to non-default install
> directories that can answer some questions for me? On or off list? I've been
> running into some problems, and if we're going to go with OTRS, we would
> need to address those issues.

Hi,

     I had the same doubts when I wanted to install to the non-default
path (/opt/otrs) as I couldn't find any documentation on that. The install
guide doesn't say anything about using whatever path you want. Anyway, since
it's all source, if need be the hardcoded path can be modified. There's no
need to as you just configure the right path in Kernel/Config.pm and in
bin/otrs.cleanup, and get the right permissions set.

What problems are you having?

Best regards,
Gonzalo.

Support orr consulting for your OTRS system?

Imagination is intelligence having fun...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]