btw - Gonzalo,

Thank you - your pointer to Config.pm was exactly what I needed :).

It's still not up and running, but that has to do with stuff out of my
control - but at least it's pointing in the right places, and I *can* get,
for example, the installer.pl page to come up, whereas I couldn't before.

Thanks again for your help.

Liz

On 1/29/07, Gonzalo Servat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/29/07, Liz Burke-Scovill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At this point, it looks like I had it all installed correctly - but when
> I went to go to index.php or installer.php it said
>
> Died at Defaults.pm <http://defaults.pm/> line 1803.
>
> The line in question is telling me that $HOME/RELEASE file is not
> available. Regardless of whether I set $HOME manually or not to $OTRS_HOME,
> I get this error.
>
> I had sent a longer more detailed message to the list on Friday
> detailing what I was experiencing. If you'd like I can forward that to you.
>
> Thank you for your assistance! So far I'm pretty impressed with what I
> *have* seen so far, I'd like to see what it can do for us in house.

I've only been using OTRS for a week, which is about the same time I have
on this list :-) Was quiet for the first few days, and now it has started to
pick up a bit.

Line 1803 (or just above it) occurs when $Self->{Home}/RELEASE is not
found. My $Self->{Home} is defined in /path/to/otrs/Kernel/Config.pm. In my
case, it points to: /home/otrs/www/otrs.

Anyway, feel free to reply to this message (to the list) showing the error
message and I'll try and help you out.

Best regards,
Gonzalo.

Support orr consulting for your OTRS system?

Imagination is intelligence having fun...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]