On 5/22/07, Alexander Scholler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

Mike Dent schrieb:

>> >I'd like to be able to add entries to the calendar from tickets, eg to
>> >schedule a time to
>> >attend to a ticket, can this be done?
>>
>> No, not yet unfortunatly. But it would be a nice feature ofcourse :).
>
> Yes it would be excellent. It means jobs/tickets could be assigned a
> date and time,
> something which I imagine helpdesk's using OTRS would desire a lot.
>
> Even nicer would be the ability to send entries to a WebDAV based
> calendar system.
> Anyway I suggested this on bugs.otrs as a feature. No rush :)

I don't think the feature of "creating a ticket automatically through
calendar at a predefined date" is not really enriching.

You can create the ticket as soon as you know that the ticket is needed
in future. You can then set a special pending-state (with
state-auto-change) or use the ticket-freetime-field (e.g. start-date) to
reactivate the ticket when the time comes. You can even hide the ticket
with the special pending-date of being displayed within the queues.

Bye, Alex

Hi Alex,
My point was really that it is not possible to have a ticket create an
appointment on the calendar built in to OTRS.
In the environment I use OTRS in, I find myself cutting and pasting
ticket details in to iCal in order to create a customer appointment.
If you have say 5 appointments a day, which all started life as a
ticket in otrs, it is a nice feature.

Best,
Mike