>/ I am new to Linux, Open SUSE 10.2 to be specific so please bare with:
/>/
/>/ The issue I am having is that OTRS's Cron Jobs are not running,
/>/ specifically not getting any new mail into the RAW queue.
/>/
/>/ When I look into starting the jobs, here's what I get:
/>/
/>/ rt:/opt/otrs/bin # sudo -u otrs ./Cron.sh start otrs
/>/ Nocronjobs in /ver/cron found!
/>/  * Check the $HOME (/etc/passwd) of the OTRS user. It must be in the
/>/ root dir of your OTRS system (e.g. /opt/orts).
/>/
/>/ rt:/opt/otrs/bin # crontab -l -u otrs
/>/ no crontab for otrs
/>/ rt:/opt/otrs/bin #
/>/
/>/ Trying a different approach results in the same:
/>/
/>/ rt:/opt/otrs/bin # su otrs
/>/ rt:/opt/otrs/bin # ./Cron.sh start
/>/ Nocronjobs in /ver/cron found!
/>/  * Check the $HOME (/etc/passwd) of the OTRS user. It must be in the
/>/ root dir of your OTRS system (e.g. /opt/orts).
/>/
/>/ What I have noticed in reviewing the otrs docs is something is wrong
/>/ with the "su otrs" user.  I am guessing i should have a rt:/bin $
/>/ result
/>/ after using the su command.
/
How did you install OTRS? Are you sure the error messages are
mentioning /ver/cron? I'm pretty sure you have no /ver on your
system, sure it isn't /var? And what is the homedir of the otrs user
(aka what's the output of 'grep otrs /etc/passwd')? You can run
'whoami' to check what user you are running as at any given moment.

Nils Breunese.

UPDATED: ENTRY BELOW

I installed using the rpm file for Open SUSE.
ver=var your right, typo... =-)

whoami comes back with OTRS, when I used grep otrs /etc/passwd I get this below:

rt:/opt/otrs/bin # grep otrs /etc/passwd
otrs:x:1001:8:OTRS System User:/opt/otrs:/bin/false
rt:/opt/otrs/bin #