Hi,

I had an issue with character sets being converted incorrectly. My issue was
when data passed through mod_perl to and from the database. What I did to fix
it is take the NLS_LANG environment variable and also make it a perl
environment variable. The code I added was in the httpd.conf file for apache
and it looked like the code below:

PerlSetEnv NLS_LANG AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
PerlPassEnv NLS_LANG

Just replace the character set that you are using in your database and with
LDAP. It may work but it may not. I am not using LDAP at all but I am using
Oracle 10g. Let me know if it works out for you.

Dan King
Software Developer
Canadian Resident Matching Service
613.237.0075  ext. 241
(Toll free) 877.CARMS.42
171 Nepean Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON, CAN    K2P 0B4
www.carms.ca

intended recipients and may contain confidential and or privileged information.
 If you are not the intended recipient or this information has been forwarded
in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy copies of the
original message.  Ce message (incluant toute pièce jointe) s'adresse
uniquement au(x) destinataire(s) prévu(s) ou à une personne autorisée à le
recevoir en son (leur) nom. Il pourrait contenir des renseignements
confidentiels ou protégés.  Si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, nous vous prions
d'en informer l'auteur dans les meilleurs délais, de ne pas divulguer son
contenu et de le supprimer de votre système. Merci.