* ProfitGrabber Support* wrote:

The info from link was over my head. I did try ini change you suggested. I made the change in my.ini file. I set it to a size larger than the dump file (file is 29m I set it to 31m). I still can not import using phpmyadmin. I have been told phpmyadmin has trouble with large file. Is there another gui program I can use, or can someone please provide the mysql command I can use in windows command prompt.

You need to raise the max_allowed_packet for both the server and the client. And then don't go through phpMyAdmin or you'll also have to deal with a PHP's memory/upload/etc. limits. On Linux I'd set a big enough value for max_packet_size (say, 50M) in /etc/my.cnf (don't know where you'd do this on Windows), restart the MySQL server and then issue a command like this:

        # mysql --max_allowed_packet=50M db_name < db_dump.sql

If the dump file contains a CREATE statement you leave out the db_name of the command (as it doesn't exist yet, but the dump file will create it). See the 'Packet too large' docs: <http:// dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/packet-too-large.html>. I guess the procedure is mostly the same on Windows.

Nils Breunese.