Hi marius,

On Mi, Okt 10 2007, Marius Flage wrote:

> I'm trying to change the system using SysConfig but so far just a few
> of the changes actually replicate throughout the system. I have tried
> to figure out where the changes are stored, since the "Reset button"
> still is there after a restart of the web server, and I've narrowed it
> down to the files ZZZAAuto.pm and ZZZAuto.pm in
> /usr/share/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files. Looks like all my changes are
> there, but I don't see how this file is in any way used by the system?

OTRS reads its configuration from several locations:

1. Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm stores default configuration settings. This
   is the first file from which configuration settings are beeing read.
2. Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm and Kernel/Config/files/ZZZAuto.pm
   contain the configuration settings made over Sysconfig and are the
   next place from where configuration settings are
   collected. ZZZAAuto.pm contains _all_ config options available in
   Sysconfig with their default values, whereas ZZZAuto.pm stores your
   modifications made from the Sysconfig. ZZZAuto.pm stores only the
   settings which differ from the default.
3. Finally, Kernel/Config.pm is beeing read.

The important thing to understand is that a configuration setting which
has been modified e.g. from the Sysconfig is overwritten, if the same
setting is also listed in Config.pm. In general, Configuration options
which are set in Config.pm can not be modified from Sysconfig.

I hope this gives you some clarification

cheers

  Henning

--
Henning Oschwald
((otrs)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Europaring 4 :: D - 94315 Straubing