HI,

This is my 1st post to this list, and you'll have to bear with me as I'm
not a Linux person at all.  Strictly windows I'm afraid.

Anyway this is my setup

OTRS: 2.0.3
OS: CentOS Release 4.3 Final 2.6.9-34.ELsmp
MYSQL: MySQL version 4.1.12

4 working OTRS databases running and am trying to set up a 5th

I have

copied one of the working databases and set up all the tables
copied the file structure and amended all the config files so all the
paths / authentications are correct
amended the httpd.conf file to include the new otrs database
amended config.pm so it has a new id number for tickets
included a DNS entry for the virtual host mapping 10.0.1.75 to
projectsit
created a virtualhost entry for 10.0.1.75 that exactly (except for the
IP) matches the other virtual host entries for the 4 working databases
chmod all directories and files in the new structure to 777 to ensure
there are no permission restrictions (in an effort to get it working)
added the relevant mysql user to be able to do everything in MYSQL on
the relevant database on [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]
stopped and restarted mysql and httpd (many times - after making each
change)
commented out the .htaccess stuff in httpd.conf, then put it back in
created an .htaccess file under /opt/projectsit then removed it again
Researched .htaccess errors and (13)Permission denied errors in multiple
places and tried a variety of things suggested

And am now at a loss - Any help anyone can give would be appreciated, as
I need to set up 2 more databases after these ones on this server.

The error I am getting in the apache errror file is
[Thu Nov 22 17:02:47 2007] [crit] [client 10.0.100.1] (13)Permission
denied: /opt/projectsit/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check
htaccess file, ensure it is readable
The error in IE or Mozilla is

Forbidden (403)

You don't have permission to access / on this server. (MY COMMENTS or
/projectsit or /projectsit/index.pl or any combination with the IP
address that resolves to projectsit MY COMMENTS END)

________________________________

Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at projectsit Port 80

The Eden Brown Referral Scheme
Eden Brown's success is built upon having the best job seekers, as well as the
best jobs. We receive more high quality job seekers by referral than by any
other method.

Are you a registered Eden Brown candidate and know someone who would be
interested in one of our many job opportunities?
If you do, refer them to us! If they take up one of our permanent placements,
you'll get £500* and if they take on a contract booking, you'll receive £200*.
Please contact one of our consultants or check www.edenbrown.com/referrals for
more information.

The Eden Brown Tree Policy:
Eden Brown feels strongly about reducing paper usage in order to help the
environment so please only print this email if necessary and recycle where you
can!

Legal Information
If this email isn't addressed to you, please don't read, use, forward, copy,
print or disseminate it.   This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
 Please address any enquiries regarding this notice to:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eden Brown Ltd, 222 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QD
Tel: +44 (0)20 7 422 7300   http://www.edenbrown.com
Eden Brown Ltd - Reg No. 3643845 - Registered in England and Wales

MailMarshal for the presence of computer viruses.