Op 4 dec 2007, om 18:16 heeft Derradji Nacer het volgende geschreven:

I think the problem is that there is a module which verifies the email address given (field) to a new user and if it is not found (the system could not resolve the server : gmail.com for [EMAIL PROTECTED] ) an error message is displayed saying that the email given is invalid.

OTRS tries to lookup the MX record for the domain and if that fails you'll get the error. If the MX record cannot be found this means email cannot be sent out to this address, so I would take this error seriously and not just disable the check whenever it fails.

For your information I am installing the system in local with windows XP (virtual machine) connected to the internet. In other such applications I did modify a config file by changing the dns which is usally (localhost).

If your server cannot properly resolve hostnames because DNS is not configured correctly you will have a hard time sending out emails with OTRS. You can use localhost as your DNS server only if you have a DNS server installed on localhost. Otherwise I would just use your ISP's or company's DNS server, or whatever DNS server is available to your other machines.

Nils Breunese.