To: <otrs@otrs.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:08 AM
Subject: RE: [otrs] Unable to change login.pl text

I changed the following texts in login.pl, but the texts
displayed on the webpage are still the same...

"Login failed! Your username or password was entered incorrectly."
"Logout successful. Thank you for using OTRS!" etc, etc

Any ideas what I need to do?

I think you're supposed to do this in Kernel/Languages. I presume you're using English, so edit en.pm and insert the following two lines in the "$Self->{Translation}" section:

$Self->{Translation} = {
    [...]
'Login failed! Your username or password was entered incorrectly.' => 'Your new text here' 'Logout successful. Thank you for using OTRS!' => 'Your new text here'
    [...]

If this is the wrong way to do it, hopefully someone will present the correct solution. I'm pretty new to OTRS myself.

--
Lars