This pretty much sums it up i think.
As mentioned earlier, i don't know much perl, html or javascript so the code
may (most likely) suck bigtime.
But it appears to work as i'd like it to.

I wanted to change as little of the original code as possible.
The only file that needs changing is
"<OTRS_CONFIG_Home>/Kernel/Output/HTML/<themename>/CustomerTicketMessage.dtl
"

My original plan was to put this in separate files, and then include them as
needed, with some check on the customers groups, so i could display
different forms for different customers, but i haven't gotten that far yet.

Here goes...

Add the following function to script area of the "CustomerTicketMessage.dtl"
file.

**
// Function to put form fields into the textarea body.
function replaceBody(theForm) {
    var bodyContent = "";
    var formElement = theForm.elements;
    for(i=0; i<formElement.length; i++) {
        // All form fields that we want, are prefixed with "CustForm_".
        if (formElement[i].name.match("CustForm_") == "CustForm_") {
            // But we don't really want it shown in the ticket. Remove it.
            formElement[i].name = formElement[i].name.replace(/^CustForm_/,
"");
            // Show the field name and its value on its own line.
            bodyContent = bodyContent + formElement[i].name + ': ' +
formElement[i].value + '\r\n';
            }
        }
    // Replace the hidden "Body" area with the contents of the form fields.
    document.compose.Body.value = bodyContent;
    // Return original submit function.
    return submit_compose();
}
**

And in the same file, find the lines:

**
  <textarea name="Body" rows="15"
cols="$Config{"Ticket::Frontend::TextAreaNote"}"
wrap="$Env{"BrowserWrap"}">$QData{"Body"}</textarea>
**

Replace those with:

**
  <input type="hidden" name="Body" value="$QData{"body"}">
id='CustForm_Name' size='70' value=''></td>
id='CustForm_Company' size='70' value=''></td>
**

And in the line:

**
<input class="button" accesskey="g" type="submit" value="$Text{"Submit"}"
onclick="return submit_compose();">
**

Replace "submit_compose();" with "replaceBody(this.form);"

That should be it, more or less...
You can of course add other fields as necessary.
As long as the field names are prefixed with "CustForm_", the script should
be able to get the contents.
Dunno how it handles radio buttons, checkboxes, dropdown selects and that
kind of stuff, though.

You are of course doing this at your own "risk", even though it should be
pretty harmless. :-)

I'm runnin otrs 2.2.4 on windows, by the way. Shouldn't matter much, though.

Hope that helps.

--
/Sune

  _____