Well, yes, sorry but I can't see what you are pointing at.
I entered in my config.pm file the exact lines everyone said it worked for
them, just to repeat here they are

    $Self->{'AuthModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Auth::LDAP';
    $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::Host'} = 'servername01';
    $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::BaseDN'} = 'cn=servername01, ou=ou_l1,
ou=sub_ou, dc=somethingdomain, dc=somethingelse, dc=com';
    $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::UID'} = 'sAMAccountName'; #what is this for
anyway!!!
    $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserDN'} = 'somethingdomain\name';
#notice that somethingdomain is the same as the first dc in thebasedn
    $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserPw'} = 'nontrivialpassword'

And OTRS do seem to notice them! since its removed the how-to get a new
password pard from the index page.

My best guess is that I am sending or have entered wrong values in those
parameters, my problem is OTRS doesn't confirm this!
For example for the parameter

$Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserDN'} = 'something'

i tried it with domain\usrname and with the username only, but OTRS doesn't
seem to indicate to me which one is wrong and which is right!

note that i did create two users inside otrs one with the domain\ as part of
the name and another without it

my best bet now is to learn more about Perl ldap support,  and try to write
my own ldap perl script to just be sure about the correct parameter values
for the parameters in config.pm