De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] En nombre de Agim
Cami
Enviado el: Miércoles, 09 de Abril de 2008 10:16 a.m.
Para: otrs@otrs.org
Asunto: [otrs] upgrade to version 2.2.6

Hello,

Actually I use the version 2.2.2 of OTRS.
I would like to upgrade to 2.2.6 now available.
Is any how-to document for the upgrade?
Any know issue reported for Centos 4?
Thanks!
--

--- Begin Message ---
Hi guys,

Recently I upgrade my OTRS as follows:
( Basis: OTRS 2.1.x & FreeBSD 5.4 & Apache 2.1.4 & MySql 4.0.x )

1 Download 2.2.5 version to temp area
2 Unzip
3 Move unziped files to production area
4 Stop crons & apache services to 2.1.x
5 Backup
     the 2.1.x data base
     the 2.1.x source code
6 Run the upgrade script
    cat DBUpdate-to-2.2.mysql.sql | mysql -p -f -u root DBotrs2.1.x
    I did not get any error message !!!
7 Run the SetPermissions.sh script as new
8 Modify front end as you need (DTL & PM files at Lite/Standard area and
Language file at Kernel area)
9 Copy & Edit as you need base files from .dist version:
      Config.pm
      GenericAgent.pm
      Defaults.pm
10 Copy ticket counter file from
OTRS-HOME-BACKUP-2.1.x/var/log/TicketCounter.log to new location
11 Restart crons & apache services to 2.1.x
12 Log in as root then go to Sysconfig to setup Framework & Ticket values
      I suggest go first to Core::Web => FrontEnd::ImagePath to get icon
into front end

as ending step: go to take a beer !!!

   Notice: I dont know if copying the ZZZFiles from 2.1.x backup could
replace the step 12. I prefer set-up every issue at Sysconfig as I unknown
if new issues were added to Sysconfig 2.2.5.
   Notice: The full procedure take 2 hours.

Carlos
México

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Carlos wrote:

> 12 Log in as root then go to Sysconfig to setup Framework & Ticket
> values
>       I suggest go first to Core::Web => FrontEnd::ImagePath to get
> icon into front end
>
> as ending step: go to take a beer !!!
>
>    Notice: I dont know if copying the ZZZFiles from 2.1.x backup
> could replace the step 12. I prefer set-up every issue at Sysconfig
> as I unknown if new issues were added to Sysconfig 2.2.5.

I would export the SysConfig changes on the old installation and
import the SysConfig changes as the last step. If you just copied the
new files over the old install, then you don't even need to do that.
(Also TicketCounter.log and modified themes, etc. will be kept.)

By the way, you shouldn't edit Defaults.pm.

>    Notice: The full procedure take 2 hours.

If you're going to review every single configuration option, then yes,
an upgrade will take quite some time. Most of our upgrades take less
than 5 minutes (including downloading the new RPM, upgrading the
database if necessary and restarting the services).

Nils Breunese.