Hi Caspar,

Hi

I have just had OTRS installed onto a test server to test its viability for my company.

I have a few questions which may be rather basic but which I cannot find to answers. Hopefully some of these can be answered by someone

-          Are you able to view ‘closed’ tickets

- Are you able to close a ticket without having to submit copy within a message box

Either turn off the note feature
Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketClose###Note:  set to no
or set a default text in the body
Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketClose###Body:

- Are you able to set up automate archive functions – i.e back up and archive once a month – so that older requests were not clogging the system (but can be referred to if need be)

There is no archive function in OTRS as you describe it, but there will be no congestion on your system due to "old tickets".

-          Can attachments be saved on a different server?

There is a modification available from one of our German Partners that helps with this type of issue, and I believe, when not in the Version 2.3, that this will be coming to the standard product in the near future. See

http://www.cape-it.de/cgi-bin/download.pl/CiCS_Base-1.1.7.opm

See attached mail for full details.

- Are you able to delete users, queues etc (or hide them) I see you can add and amend but I am thinking about when categories become redundant

This would break consistency in the databank, therefore it is not permitted in the web interface. Just set such things to invalid and move on. They will no longer show up for agents or customers, just in the admin interface :)

Hope this helped you.

--
Shawn Beasley
((otrs)) :: OTRS AG :: Norsk-Data-Straße 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg

Geschäftssitz: Bad Homburg
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg, HRB 10751
Steuernummer: 003/240/97521

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Burchard Steinbild
Vorstandsvorsitzender: André Mindermann

--- Begin Message ---

Hi there,

since there's still no addons.otrs.org  :( I think it's a good idea to
announce the public release for an OTRS-extension here. We call it
"OTRS::Customer Information an Communication System" (in short
"OTRS:CiCS"). It offers some extensions and specializations to the
common OTRS:

NEW FUNCTIONS:

* writable LDAP CustomerBackend

* copy function for customer user entries:
  - useful if you add contact from a already known company
  - UserID/UserLogin is not copied (should be unique)

* FAQ-Workflow:
  - create FAQ-articles from articles
  - the new faq-article is put in category "FAQ-Editorial"
  - group faq_editors gets informed (ticket) about this new faq-article
  - group faq_editors reviews, edits, categorizes and publishes the
    new faq-article

* module CustomerHistory:
  - search customer and list recent tickets as known from new ticket
    function

* new ticket functions:
  o document links
    - attach documents in a web accessible file share to the ticket,
      this avoids attaching the same file in various articles
    - no files are attached but links !
  o person links:
    - involve other persons (customer users) to a ticket
    - helpful if one needs to contact more than one person in a ticket
  o note scratch pad in ticket:
    - any agent can leave comments on a ticket without attaching an
      article (and without being the owner)
  o mark article as To-Do:
    - articles within a ticket can be marked as "ToDo"
    - this flag is personalized
  o article print:
    - print only the selected article, not the entire ticket
  o article forward with customer search:
    - added the customer user search as known from email-ticket to
      article forward
  o note forward:
    - notes may also be forwarded

IMPROVED LAYOUT:

* improved CustomerData presentation
* foldable queue view
* foldable article views in tickets
* themes VerticalNavBar1 and VerticalNavBar2

You'll find this on our web site:

http://www.cape-it.de (via news oder directly in the download area)

After the installation you'll find two new files in <OTRS-HOME>:
CHANGES_CiCS and CONFIGURE_CiCS which should be read in order to use all
extensions.

Please send any suggestions for improvement or bug reports to
support(at)cape-it.de or to the otrs-dev-mailinglist. We appreciate any
feedback

regards, Torsten Thau

- --
Torsten Thau, Dipl. Inform.
c.a.p.e. IT GmbH - Annaberger Str. 240 - D-09125 Chemnitz
phone: +49 371 5347 623
cell: +49 176 66 680 680
personal pgp-key: 0x93E0A174
company pgp-key: 0x292F987D