> I am an OTRS newbie (and most other things), so this is just throwing it
out there. Have you tried creating an test perl script (using the same
process as OTRS) that send emails, and placing it in the OTRS framework
with the same permissions etc, and then running it? That will help
determine if it isn't permissions, perl modules, local connections etc.

Wow.  That's a really good idea.  In
/usr/share/otrs/Kernel/System/Email
I see SMTP.pm and Sendmail.pm.  Since they're modules, I'm not sure how to
invoke them from a self-styled Perl script and have all the correct
variables in-place.  Is there a way, from within OTRS, to see exactly what
happens when a given module is invoked?  Or is there a way to easily set
up a dummy environment for me to use so I can invoke them from my own Perl
script?

Thanks much for the idea!

-Ken

> Like I said, just my 2c. :P
>
> Regards
> Theunis

Ken D'Ambrosio
>> Sent: 01 October 2008 10:18 PM
>> To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
>> Subject: Re: [otrs] Notifications not being sent. (Help -- please!)

>> go for
>> notifications not going out.  E-mail gets sent fine from the box; that
being said, I'm currently pointing it via SMTP to our primary internal
SMTP server.  And nothing.  No longs, no nuttin'.
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Can the machine running OTRS resolve 'postal' to an IP address?
>>
>> Yeah, it can, but to play it safe, I've also used IP addresses.  And I
have Postfix running locally, and tried localhost, too.  No dice.