hi Sam,

> 1. How do I change the default "Next state" for the customer ticket to
> "Open" and not "Closed Successfully" ?

Admin -> SysConfig -> Search for "StateDefault".

You can set the Default Next State several places - composing an answer, adding
a remark and so on.

> 2. How do I change the default sort order for the Customers "Company
> Tickets" to oldest first (oldest at the top) ?

Haven't tried this, but do a search for "sort" in Admin -> SysConfig. One of
the hits is Frontend::Customer::Ticket::ViewSearch.

I don't know is the settings here apply only for search results but you'll soon
find out :-)

--
Lars