I'm new to OTRS and have to say that while I'm still a relative newbie,
I'm really impressed and excited about implementing it in my company.
Anyway, I have a few questions about the way ticket notifications in the
QueueView work and was hoping someone could lend a hand.

1)     When I log in, it says "New Message".  If I view the message and
the only way to change its state to "seen" is by interacting with the
ticket in some way (e.g. adding a note, changing the state, priority,
etc). Is this expected?  If so, is there a setting SysConfig to enable
changing the message to "seen"?

2)     When I set a ticket state to pending for a later date, in the
QueueView it shows up at "ticket #: update time is over".  I would have
thought changing the status to "pending" would suppress these
notifications, but it doesn't look like it.  Again, if this is expected,
is there a configuration I could change to enable suppression?

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential
 use of the intended recipient and contain confidential and proprietary
information.  If you are not
 the intended recipient, be aware that any reading, distribution, disclosure,
copying, printing or taking action
  in reliance upon this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this in
error, please notify us immediately
  by replying to this e-mail and promptly delete this e-mail and its
attachments from your computer system.
 We do not waive attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission
of this message.