Hi Jeffrey

For 1) see Ticket::NewMessageMode: in the admin interface.

Greets
daniel

Von: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] Im Auftrag von
Jeffrey Friedman
Gesendet: Montag, 26. Januar 2009 01:31
An: otrs@otrs.org
Betreff: [otrs] ticket notifications- expected or unexpected?

I'm new to OTRS and have to say that while I'm still a relative newbie, I'm
really impressed and excited about implementing it in my company.  Anyway, I
have a few questions about the way ticket notifications in the QueueView work
and was hoping someone could lend a hand.

1)     When I log in, it says "New Message".  If I view the message and go back
to the QueueView, it still says "New message".  It seems like the only way to
change its state to "seen" is by interacting with the ticket in some way (e.g.
adding a note, changing the state, priority, etc). Is this expected?  If so, is
there a setting SysConfig to enable changing the message to "seen"?

do>> See Ticket::NewMessageMode:

2)     When I set a ticket state to pending for a later date, in the QueueView
it shows up at "ticket #: update time is over".  I would have thought changing
the status to "pending" would suppress these notifications, but it doesn't look
like it.  Again, if this is expected, is there a configuration I could change
to enable suppression?

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient and contain confidential and
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any reading, distribution, disclosure, copying, printing or taking action in
reliance upon this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and promptly delete
this e-mail and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this message.