Hi Peter,

The documentation mentions the numbering options briefly, see [
http://doc.otrs.org/2.3/en/html/x13170.html] under option B.2.4.12.
Ticket::NumberGenerator.

Of course it would be wise to change your ticket number sequence BEFORE you
actually deploy OTRS, it will not be easy to change numbers of existing
tickets without replies getting messed up et cetera.

Here are the steps you need to take:

   - Go to Admin > SysConfig
   - In Group Selection, choose Ticket and click Show
   - Click on subgroup Core::Ticket
   - Here you will see the option for Ticket::NumberGenerator. Change this
   to AutoIncrement.
   - No restart necessary. Any new tickets you create will look like
   '0600004' where '06' is the SystemID which is defined in Framework -> Core.

Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen
Software Consultant