Alan,

I changed mine too.  If you're using ITSM and Services, priority gets
calculated from the Criticality defined in the Service and the Impact
that gets allocated by the Agents.  You can rearrange Impact and
Criticality in the General Catalog and Priority from the admin
interface.  Be sure to go into Criticality<>Impact<> Priority and adjust
the matrix for the calculations.  Nothing bad should happen.

Best regards,

Jim
ITIL Process Manager
NCDOR
919-715-4932
james.b...@dornc.com

>>> Alan McKay <alan.mc...@gmail.com> 7/13/2009 2:16 PM >>>
Hi folks,

The default OTRS priorities are completely backwards from most systems
I've ever used.

Usually "P1" is the top priority.

If I just rename them all, will anything bad happen.

e.g. rename "1 very low" to "5 very high" and so on.

thanks,
-Alan