Thanks very much, that fixed the problems.

I got errors when running scripts/DBUpdate-to-2.4.pl, and had to add
several lines to config.pm. Obviously I got the syntax wrong with one
line.

I understand that many OTRS users will be using unix/linux, or be able
to use the windows installer. If there's other users using windows and a
mnaual install/upgrade, I will edit the UPGRADE file to indicate how to
do so in windows. It's always fun having to translate the unix/linux
instructions, and try to get it right in windows. I think the "win32
platform" source ZIP should have windows-specific instructions.

I found some great instructions here:
http://doc.otrs.org/1.3/en/html/install-win32.html

Unforutnately the manual for 2.3 or 2.4 doesn't have this. There's just
a simple note on using the installer. Is there a reason for removing the
windows manual install/upgrade details from the manual? Maybe I can work
on uppgrading the 1.3 doc to 2.4. I'd still suggest it's helpful to
include a link/reference in the file INSTALL and UPGRADE. Something like
"Windows manual install/upgrade - read this too <link>"

Again thanks for your help with this.