Hi Martin!
Yes, the two options we have are....
1. Disabling certain file types (exe, vbs.etc)
2. if 1. Is not possible, then disabling the ability to attach completely
files to "Phone Ticket" and "Email ticket" options.

We might implement the public face of OTRS later (keeping with the
government's reputation at moving glacially :-), for right now we're using
it for internal ticketing.

Many thanks!
Julian

On 8/5/09 5:33 PM, "Martin Edenhofer" <m...@otrs.com> wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> do you mean, disable the web upload of file types or the general
> disable (also email incoming) of dedicated file types?
>
>   -Martin
>
> On 05.08.2009, at 20:49, Cook, Julian wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>> We are implementing otrs (YAY!) and one big request is in regards to
>> Cross Site Scripting. We need to  limit which attachment types can
>> be attached to a ticket. Barring that we could just turn off the
>> ability to attach files.
>>
>> I have looked over the documentation and haven¹t found a way to do
>> this yet. Does anyone know an easy way to turn off .exe, .vb, etc
>> file types from being attached? If this doesn¹t exist any advice on
>> disabling attachments would be appreciated.
>> --
>> Julian Cook
>> Securities and Exchange Commission

Julian Cook