  From:       Alan McKay <alan.mc...@gmail.com>

  To:         "User questions and discussions about OTRS." <otrs@otrs.org>

  Date:       24.08.2009 21:14

  Subject:    [otrs] emailed tickets not being tied to user

  Sent by:    otrs-boun...@otrs.org

Hey folks,

I am doing a "live customer trial" on my system by  having a user this
morning submit their request to IT into OTRS via email.

I already have a user ID set up for that user, with their email
address configured.  And the email address on the incoming request is
the same address.  And the ticket got created properly and so forth,
but it does not appear to have been created as being from her account.
  There is a "ghost" account (for lack of a better name) with the same
email address.

Recall that my users are all "Users" at that point and there are no
"Customer Users"

She goes into the web interface and does not see any ticket submitted
by her.  I go into ticket search and search "submitted by" and select
her, but the ticket does not come up.

Have I got something misconfigured?  Or is this by design?
Is there some way to make the system recognise that the email is from
an address that is in the database, and is therefore from that user?

thanks,
-Alan

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>