By default, the passwords in the Customer table are assumed to be hashed
with md5.

If you'd set Admin > SysConfig > Framework > Frontend
>Customer::AuthModule::DB::CryptType to "Plain" you should be able to get
this working.

If you don't want to mess with the password encryption, another possibility
would be to create the CustomerUsers from CSV with a small API script. See
syncuser_csv2otrs.pl which syncs agent accounts (not customerusers) from
CSV, that could be an example.
--
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Deutschland

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial
register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André
Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer

CU@ IIR Service Desk Forum in Mainz
(Germany)<http://www.otrs.com/en/news-and-press/news-details/article/translate-to-english-otrs-at-the-13th-iir-service-desk-forum-2009/?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=51&cHash=ef91fa143e>and
get to know more about OTRS  at booth no. 12 from Nov 24-25, 2009!