Hi,

I have to restart my OTRS server regularly after a couple of days because there's no free memory left. I think it isn't the fault of OTRS but rather a wrong apache configuration.

So please excuse me for being off topic but I don't know where to start troubleshooting. Can someone please lead me in the right direction ?

According to top the memory is used by several httpd2-event processes. They spawn over the days until I run out of memory. At the moment I have 12 of them using together 75% of 3 GB. At present only 5 people use OTRS but I already have to reboot after about one week.

I can't find any documentation to httpd2-event so I can't figure out how to control the number of processes reasonable :

OTRS 2.4.4 on OpenSuse 11.1

otrs:~ # httpd2-event -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.13 (Linux/SUSE)
[...]
Architecture:   32-bit
Server MPM:     Event
  threaded:     yes (fixed thread count)
    forked:     yes (variable process count)

Thanks in advance.

Alexander

--
radprax Gesellschaft fuer medizinische Versorgungszentren mbH,
Bergstr. 7 - 9, 42105 Wuppertal,