Hi Raffael,

The SysConfig option is about processing *incoming* email; you can use
it to let OTRS search in headers to recognize customer replies to
emails.

I don't know about OTRS 1.x... but this is in the changelogs for 2.4:

 - (2008/10/14) Added RFC 2822 conform In-Reply-To and References header
    support for outgoing emails (Threading).

So this means that it's actually not in 2.3, and I would therefore
recommend you to upgrade to 2.4.

((enjoy))
-
Michiel Beijen
R&D

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Str 1.
61352 Bad Homburg
Germany

T: +31 (0) 6457 42418
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818-18
I:  http://www.otrs.com/

Business Location: Bad Homburg, Country Court: Bad Homburg, Commercial
register: 10751, Tax ID: 003 240
97505 Chairman of the Board: Burchard Steinbild, Managing Board: André
Mindermann (CEO), Martin Edenhofer

CU@ CeBIT 2010 in Hannover (Germany) and get to know more about OTRS
at booth no. C37, in hall 2 from March 2-6, 2010! http://bit.ly/7uyQfY