Hi Daniel,

On 06.01.2010, at 16:35, Obee, Daniel wrote:

> Since a couple of days, reaction on the AgentTicketCompose is incredibly slow.
>
> It takes between 20 and 40 seconds to load the mail mask after clicking (for
> example) “empty answer”. The phenomenon appeared after a major crash of the
> file system in which we also lost some of the plain text articles. Maybe
> there’s a relation, maybe not…
>
> Any other requests are entirely okay in response, so we’re pretty much
> clueless.

I guess it's not OTRS related. :)

Do you know if CheckMX is enabled? In this case OTRS checks the DNS records of
the mail exchanger for the recipients (to let the agent know if it's possible
to send an email to the recipient).

It's configured in SysConfig -> Framework -> Core -> CheckMXRecord.

If yes, can it be, that the DNS server which is configured on your OTRS machine
is not reachable anymore? In this case OTRS needs to wait for an timeout (it
depends on the amount of recipients for each per default about 12 sek.).

If it's unix/linux you can verify if DNS is configured correctly by:

shell> cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain xxx.box
nameserver 192.168.178.1

shell> ping 192.168.178.1
64 bytes from 192.168.178.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=341 ms
[...]

shell> host -t mx myhammer.de
myhammer.de mail is handled by 10 mx02-berlin.abacho.net.
shell>

 -Martin