* Ralf Hildebrandt <ralf.hildebra...@charite.de>:
> * Florian Houel <florian.ho...@arcanal.fr>:
> > Hi,
> > I’m new on the list, we’re working on using OTRS to manage our customer’s
> > questions and requests.
> > I understand that Philippe doesn't use fetchmail as these lines are
> > commented out.
> >
> > According to your crontab, OTRS mails are coming from these lines :
> >      # fetch emails every 10 minutes
> >      */10 * * * *    $HOME/bin/PostMasterMailbox.pl >> /dev/null
> >
> > So, mails are received every 10 minutes. You can change that to something
> > like 5 or 3 minutes.
> > You told about more than 15 minutes delay, part of the delay may come from
> > the Exchange/Outlook side.
>
> But that's basically fetchmail!

If he wants instant delivery, make the addresses handled by OTRS
deliver to OTRS directly.

We're using:

ab...@...   o...@otrs.charite.de
postmas...@...   o...@otrs.charite.de

on our mailserver and on otrs.charite.de we use:

|/opt/otrs/bin/PostMaster.pl

for the "otrs" user. This guarantees instant delivery.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin