  From:       Theofanis Katsiaounis <epi...@yahoo.com>

  To:         otrs@otrs.org

  Date:       11.02.2010 13:04

  Subject:    [otrs] OTRS and Active Directory Authentication/Synchronization

  Sent by:    otrs-boun...@otrs.org

Hello. I am kinda new to OTRS and i am trying to setup a server for my
company. I managed to install OTRS (version 2.3 for ubunu)  and make it use
an Oracle Database (using Ubuntu Server 9.10 and DBD::Oracle etc etc etc).
Up to there everything OK. Otrs works fine i logged int with the default
usr/passwd. I configured AD authentication and it works fine. If i create
the users myself i can use no password and then login with my windows
credential. What i cannot do is import AD users to the OTRS DB so i
everytime i add a user n AD to have it synched to OTRS. Also with some
settings i got to a point where for half of my (AD) users OTRS did not
login due to wrong usr/poasswd and some of them gave panic no user data .

My settings are

  $Self->{'AuthModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Auth::LDAP';
  $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::Host'} = 'host.domain.com';
  $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::BaseDN'} = 'dc=domain, dc=com';
  $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::UID'} = 'sAMAccountName';

  $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserDN'} = 'user';
  $Self->{'AuthModule::LDAP::SearchUserPw'} = 'pass';

With these i can use AD just for authentication but not for synching.To
synch i used:

   #Start of LDAP Synchronization
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Auth::Sync::LDAP';
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::Host'} = 'host.domain.com';
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::BaseDN'} = 'dc=domain, dc=com';
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::UID'} = 'sAMAccountName';
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::SearchUserDN'} = 'user';
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::SearchUserPw'} = 'pass';
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::UserSyncMap'} = {
        # DB -> LDAP
        UserFirstname => 'givenName',
        UserLastname  => 'sn',
        UserEmail     => 'mail',
    };

    # AuthSyncModule::LDAP::UserSyncInitialGroups
    # (sync following group with rw permission after initial create of
first agent
    # login)
    $Self->{'AuthSyncModule::LDAP::UserSyncInitialGroups'} = [
        'users',
    ];

But no luck. Please i could use some help with this because i have many
users. I will add them to groups myself but i need the import feature.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I only want to authenticate agents and not customers.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>