hi dear
when we say search for that term you must go to the admin area after
login as r...@localhost (or a user from admin group) and search for
sysconfig
the http addres of this liknk is 'http://localhost/otrs/index.pl?
Action=AdminSysConfig"   ( maybe help you)
for adding the free text feild you can search for "free text" in the
sysconfig

good luck