Hi, Neil.

I can offer you 2 solutions.

1) split an original ticket after closing to create a new one for your
billing dept.
2) Define new line in Ticket::PendingAutoStateType: closed; Define a
new Ticket::StateAfterPending
closed->ready for billing (or whatever state you wish).; make sure you
scheduled bin/PendingJobs.pl. The trick is ITSM records the 1st closure time
as the TicketSolutionTime. The same trick can be achieved with GenericAgent
- you will need it as you need to move the ticket to Invoicing queue. Once
your invoicing agents are properly set up in their preferences (My queues
and move notifications) they should get an email about the new ticket in
Invoicing queue.

Why you don't want your customers to see the Invoicing queue?.

regards,
Anton.