Martignier, Philippe wrote :
We are currently modifying the code of OTRS to add new features like draft and removal of attachments, …

What are your terms of use? Do we have to provide our code back
[...]

Hi Philippe,

to my understanding of the used AGPL, you have to provide the code to every user who accesses your OTRS. So I can't claim the code but your users might do so.

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License . This network access is a major difference to the usual GPL.

But IMHO you would benefit from sharing the code with the OTRS community since this would lead to further development. Others could improve the code, fix bugs or port it to new OTRS versions without additional costs for you.

For example when you asked for the removal of attachments you got a hint to the API and the clue that it won't be very difficult. If you would provide some of this code others would have an example of API usage to build on and to develop other new functions.

or is it just “open source, take it and do what you want with it”.

No, I'm sorry, this describes public domain software. Opensource uses a give-and-take basis :)

Regards

Alexander

--
radprax Gesellschaft fuer medizinische Versorgungszentren mbH,
Bergstr. 7 - 9, 42105 Wuppertal,