hi julio

I'm involved into a specific Change Management Project based on OTRS ITSM
and I can give you our exeperience.

I just defined trhree roles:

- change initiator (who open the change ), that role is linked to the Change
Builder OTRS group

- change manager (who authorize the change, add workorder and assign, open
the change by himself if needed) this role is linked to the OTRS group
Change manager and Change Builder

- finally the Change Responsible (people sharing the organization's
responsibility) this role is only a control's role so they are linked to
OTRS group User, ITSMchange and Stat.

We also customize the Change Add and Change Modify screen to include
additional infos, and build a predefined Change Templates based on the type
(macro) of the change, i.e. Application, Hardware, etc.. By the way we put
into the template a set of predefined workorder, using some of them to build
a workflow about Change state modification (using condition / action
rules).

Assigning each user to specific role, will defined what function will be
able for that user, using template will  minimize (but not eliminate)
mistakes would be arise ....

Hope it can help you

regards

stefano

2011/3/9 DM_Julio Angulo <dm_jang...@equifax.com.pe>

>  Sorry, in the ITSM Change Management module; I do not explain it, the
> better explain with an example, I want to register in OTRS, the scheduled
> replacement of memory banks on a server, and there are 3 people involved in
> such work, the manager, build and agent, I understand that there must be
> roles defined, but as public this procedure in OTRS?
>

> Julio Cesar Angulo Quiroz
>
> Telf.: 997066155

 *
Stefano Boccanera*