Dear Shawn,

On 27.04.2011, at 19:54, Gadow, Shawn wrote:

> My goal is to create a detailed self help response for the majority of my
> sla’s that will automatically get sent out when a customer submits a ticket
> under the specific SLA

If you use OTRS 2.4 or higher, you can use the event based notifications for
doing so.
This is a module in the admin area called "Notification (Event)”.

There you might want to define that a notification is send to the CUSTOMER if
the TICKET_CREATE event is triggered and the ticket has a STATE of “new” and
the SLA name is set to “foobar” with a subject of “something” and a body of
“introduction”, saved as ARTICLE_TYPE of "email-external".

Cheers, Nils

--
Nils Leideck
http://webint.cryptonode.de / a Fractal project