Hi Shawn,
you could use an ACL to control which permission group you need to
have in order to lock it. ACLs are very powerful but need to be put in
a configuration file (using a text editor) to make it work.

You can find examples here; http://doc.otrs.org/3.0/en/html/acl.html

Also, maybe you can do with just adding RO and Note permissions to the
users that aren't supposed to have the tickets locked?
--
Mike