On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:11:43 -0500, Ugo Bellavance <u...@lubik.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using OTRS only internally, so I use ldap backend for clients, but
> at first I didn't know if it would cause problem with agents so the auth

> for agent is local.
>
> I have a few questions about the possible transition to ldap auth for
> agents.
>
> - Can an agent be a customer as well if using the same AD for auth?  Of
> course, I guess that agents would be in an extra AD group compared to
> the users.

Yes this is possible, use Kernel::System::Auth:LDAP for agents and
Kernel::System::CustomerAuth::LDAP for customer. You can also specifiy
multiple
ADs for customer.

> - Will I lose agent history or will I break something if I go with ldap
> auth instead of local eventually? The usernames and e-mail addresses are

> the same.
I saved my history with the change from local to ldap agents. As far as
your login and
e-mail addresses still remain unchanged there shouldn't be a problem.

hth,
Roy

--
Roy Kaldung