HI,
I have done a test upgrade myself following the instructions in the source
code "UPGRADING", I did not have a problem but also did not test all the
functionality.
I would suggest to try this on a copy of the database, just in case.

thanks,
mike

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Erik van Ast <erik.van....@suzohapp.nl>wrote:

> Hi everyone,****
>
> ** **
>
> We have been using OTRS for a couple of years now and we are currently
> using 3.0.11 as the newest version. OTRS 3.1.1 is now available however and
> I wanted to know if there are any special things I have to think of before
> upgrading? We are using OpenSUSE 11.2 as an OS, but I’m not an expert in
> Linux so I wanted to double-check before upgrading.****
>
> I have upgraded the 3.0.X versions every time by running the following
> commands:****
>
> ** **
>
> rpm –Uvh otrs-3.0.11*****
>
> otrs.RebuildConfig.pl****
>
> otrs.DeleteCache.pl****
>
> apache2 restart****
>
> ** **
>
> Can I use the same commands (otrs-3.1* instead of otrs-3.0.11* in the
> first line) for this upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.1.1?****
>
> Kind regards,
> Erik van Ast****
>
> ** **
>
> Please visit our new ecommerce website http://eu.suzohapp.com

James Michael DuPont
Custom Engineering/Research & Development

OTRS AG
Norsk-Data-Straße 1
D-61352 Bad Homburg

T: +49 (0) 9421 56818 0
F: +49 (0) 9421 56818 18
I: http://www.otrs.com/

Geschäftssitz: Bad Homburg, Amtsgericht Bad Homburg, HRB 10751, USt-Nr.:
DE256610065
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Burchard Steinbild, Vorstand: André Mindermann
(Vorsitzender), Christopher Kuhn