Hi Pete,

You should not 'download the language pack', all 30+ translations are
inlcuded in the Kernel/Language directory of your OTRS system.
Not all languages are equally complete though. Some are well-maintained,
some have not been maintained for a little while, some for a little longer.

you can see the translation status here:
http://lists.otrs.org/pipermail/i18n/2013-January/000729.html

Note that a large part of the translation tags are 'sysconfig settings'.
For instance, in Dutch, the translation is complete for the Customer,
Agents, and Admins, only the majority of the Sysconfig settings are not
translated in Dutch. This means, if you use OTRS in Dutch localization,
you'll only find English words in SysConfig, as the OTRS Administrator.
Dutch is marked as 70% complete, so apparently at least 30% of all
translation tags are sysconfig tags.

Finnish is marked as 44% complete, so it's pretty safe to assume lots of
words are not translated in the Finnish language.
If you want to work on the translation files, please always work on the
last version from source code control
(http://source.otrs.org/viewvc.cgi/otrs/Kernel/Language/fi.pm) - put it on
your own system so you can test it - and send us back the file so we will
integrate it in the next OTRS release.

On our web site we have a PDF that contains information for how to update
and contribute translations in
OTRS:http://www.otrs.com/en/open-source/contribute/
--
Mike